MISSION STATEMENT: As a breast cancer survivor, to guide women diagnosed with breast cancer, through their treatment and survivorship.
A breast cancer doula is someone who provides emotional, informational and spiritual support
to a woman who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. To be a companion on the journey to
● Help you to develop a self care plan from diagnosis to survivorship and put together
your own resource kit to bring on your journey
● Provide a caring and compassionate presence on the journey
● Respond to changing circumstances during your treatment
● Utilize visualization; reiki; relaxation techniques and other resources
● Provide a safe space to express yourself
● Help create and facilitate healing rituals
After diagnosis a woman goes through several stages. Each stage brings its own need for
emotional; informational and spiritual support. A doula provides the space to work out your
thoughts, concerns and develop a plan to move ahead. In assisting you in developing your own
plan, which is different for each person, you are able to become the master of your own breast
cancer journey. It’s best to start with a doula at diagnosis.
Where are you on the journey?
Why do you want to work with a doula?
How can I assist you to develop a plan?
Schedule 2-3 Doula appointments
Work on a plan –
Takes steps to put into action
Start putting together your tool box –
Midpoint on journey
Schedule 2-3 appointments to discuss plan; updates; provide resources and keep adding to the
Schedule appointments as needed to again update plan; discuss the resources you need now
and what can be added to the tool box
Fee: $80 per hour